Gratify yourself in an adventure cruise for an unequal treat on board the gorgeous brand new catamaran cruising, to the northern peninsulas in luxurious comfort. At the same time avail yourself the chance of achieving educational and recreational purposes if you come across dolphins and whales in their natural habitats ... More info ›
Gratify yourself in an adventure cruise for an unequal treat on board the gorgeous brand new catamaran cruising, to the northern peninsulas in luxurious comfort. At the same time avail yourself the chance of achieving educational and recreational purposes if you come across dolphins and whales in their natural habitats. As you advance towards the northern isles you appreciate the fabulous spectacle of the superb scenic background at sight. Access both Gabriel island and Flat island and snorkel at Coin de Mire. Discover the underwater world and view the magnificent white tailed bird 'Pailles en Queue'.
On this full-day tour experience highlights such as:
- Spectacular view of Gunner’s Quoin and Flat Island
- Sea-cliffs towering into the sky
- Colonies of tropicbirds soaring high above the cliffs
- Historical lighthouse still serving its purpose
- Glimpses of distant Round Island and Snakes Island
- The fact that the northern peninsulas have not been pillaged by the human race, some endemic species, which are rare and endangered, can still be found there, even if several other species are now extinct. These precious remnants are indigenous to Mauritius.
After one hour sailing, you reach the spectacular Gabriel Island, declared Natural Reserve by the government. This unspoiled pollution free island features an immaculate white beach with a blue lagoon harbouring a beautiful coral garden in a cool atmosphere, along breathtaking coastal scenery.
Hikers marvel at the trekking opportunity along the coastal trails all round the island, dotted with excellent viewpoints. Many visitors love to hike the island for physical exercise and sightseeing. Here you can, appreciate stunning panoramas from viewpoint, observe the graceful aerobatics of tropic birds, take pictures of your choice, laze under the tropical sun on the sandy beach or snorkel in the lovely lagoon
The Flat Island is not far away. If it is your desire to visit this hiking destination, you can be taken over there in our motorized dinghy to gratify you with a different spectacle from different viewpoints. You will be picked up at the time of your convenience before sail back.
We are here to assist you in your quest for adventure and pleasure. Just formulate any reasonable desire in the context of this visit and we shall try to fulfill your wish if it is within our permissible possibility. While sailing back to Grand Bay, we shall have a sensational stopover at Gunner’s Quoin Island. This break gives you the opportunity to snorkel and swim in the natural aquarium full of colorful marine creatures.
Included in the price is a selection of food and drink:
- Grilled dorado, marlin or tuna fillet marinated in lemon, wine and olive oil
- Grilled chicken marinated in ginger, wine and olive oil
- Grilled sausages marinated in herbs and olive oil
- Sautéed vegetables
- Desserts – seasonal fruits, banana flambée etc
- Tea or coffee with cake
- White, red and rose wine, beer, rum, punch, juice, soft drinks, mineral water – all free from the bar
8.30am : Check in for registration
9.15am : Guided cruise
10.30am: Landing at Gabriel island
11am : Stroll on the island or visit to Flat Island
Midday : BBQ lunch buffet
2.30pm : Cruise to Gunner’s Quoin
3pm: Arrival – swimming and snorkeling at Gunner’s Quoin
4pm : Getting on board for sail back
16h30 : Arrival at Grand Bay